By Erik J. Olsson
Read Online or Download Against Coherence: Truth, Probability, and Justification PDF
Similar epistemology books
Over many years of martial arts and meditation perform, Peter Ralston came across a curious and paradoxical truth: that precise know-how arises from a country of not-knowing. Even the main honest research of self and spirit, he says, is frequently sabotaged via our tendency to snatch too fast for solutions and concepts as we retreat to the security of the recognized.
The doctrine of the 2 truths--a traditional fact and an final truth--is important to Buddhist metaphysics and epistemology. the 2 truths (or realities), the excellence among them, and the relation among them is known variously in numerous Buddhist faculties and is of exact value to the Madhyamaka tuition.
Social epistemology has been flourishing lately, increasing and making connections with political philosophy, advantage epistemology, philosophy of technological know-how, and feminist philosophy. The philosophy of the social international too is thriving, with burgeoning paintings within the metaphysics of the social international, collective accountability, staff motion, and workforce trust.
This ebook casts new mild at the strategy that during the 16th and 17th centuries ended in a profound transformation within the examine of nature with the emergence of mechanistic philosophy, the recent combined arithmetic, and the institution of the experimental technique. it truly is argued that smooth eu technological know-how originated from Hellenistic arithmetic no longer rather a lot as a result of rediscovery of the latter yet fairly because its “applied” elements, particularly mechanics, optics, harmonics, and astronomy, and their methodologies persevered to be transmitted through the center a long time with out critical interruption.
- Kuhn's 'Structure of Scientific Revolutions' at Fifty: Reflections on a Science Classic
- Knowing without Thinking: Mind, Action, Cognition and the Phenomenon of the Background (New Directions in Philosophy and Cognitive Science)
- Hegel und Foucault: Die Geschichtlichkeit des Wissens als Entwicklung und Transformation (Hegel-Jahrbuch Sonderband) (German Edition)
- The Phenomenological Critique of Mathematisation and the Question of Responsibility: Formalisation and the Life-World (Contributions To Phenomenology)
- Marx’s Practical Materialism: The Horizon of Post-Subjectivity Philosophy
- AQA A2 Philosophy
Extra info for Against Coherence: Truth, Probability, and Justification
Against Coherence: Truth, Probability, and Justification by Erik J. Olsson