By Sandra B., EdD, RN, FAAN Lewenson,Eleanor Krohn, EdD, RN, FAAN Herrmann
Winner of the 2008 AJN publication of the 12 months Award!
Named a superb educational name for 2008 byChoice!
"This good written and good edited e-book fills a different gap....[one of the] invaluable few [books] that target technology or medication and [one of] even fewer that hide the historical past of nursing."(Three Stars)--Doody's e-book overview Service
While there were many examine texts within the nursing literature, and nursing heritage is either taught in classes and of well known curiosity to practising nurses, there has never been a hands-on textual content that describes the method of doing historic examine in nursing. This publication, contributed by way of famous and revered nurse historians, offers the required course, information, and examples had to behavior old study. It covers such issues as historiography, biographical learn, utilizing artifacts in historic examine, doing archival and different information searches, doing overseas historic examine, and finding investment resources for historic learn. Case experiences may be used all through to demonstrate numerous tools and describe how, why, while, and the place historic learn is utilized in nursing.
Features of this edition:
- Provides path and instruments for carrying out old research
- Describes varieties of study, together with biographical and oral histories
- Covers frameworks used to review old occasions, similar to social, political, feminist, highbrow, and cultural
- Addresses modern concerns equivalent to keeping and storing digitalized and tape-recorded information and acquiring institutional evaluate board (IRB) acclaim for study, and addressing moral and criminal concerns in old research
- Includes case reports that offer a "how-to" consultant to engaging in research
Read Online or Download Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research PDF
Similar medical research books
This publication provides a brand new strategy for assessing spatial development in raster land conceal maps in line with satellite tv for pc imagery in a fashion that includes a number of pixel resolutions. this is often mixed with extra traditional single-resolution measurements of spatial trend and easy non-spatial land conceal proportions to evaluate predictability of either floor water caliber and ecological integrity inside watersheds of the nation of Pennsylvania (USA).
Translating the facts from the bedside to populations This 6th variation of the best-selling Epidemiology, Evidence-based medication and Public wellbeing and fitness Lecture Notes equips scholars and well-being execs with the elemental instruments required to benefit, perform and educate epidemiology and wellbeing and fitness prevention in a latest atmosphere.
A relied on vintage at the key equipment in inhabitants sampling—now in a modernized and accelerated re-creation Sampling of Populations, Fourth variation keeps to function an all-inclusive source at the simple and most present practices in inhabitants sampling. conserving the transparent and available type of the former version, this e-book outlines the fundamental statistical methodsfor survey layout and research, whereas additionally exploring strategies that experience constructed over the last decade.
Layout and research of scientific Trials for Predictive drugs presents statistical counsel on carrying out medical trials for predictive medication. It covers statistical subject matters appropriate to the most scientific study levels for constructing molecular diagnostics and therapeutics—from making a choice on molecular biomarkers utilizing DNA microarrays to confirming their medical application in randomized scientific trials.
- Clinical Laboratory Animal Medicine: An Introduction
- T Lymphocytes as Tools in Diagnostics and Immunotoxicology: 104 (Experientia Supplementum)
- Advances in Cancer Research: 76
- Modeling Infectious Disease Parameters Based on Serological and Social Contact Data: 63 (Statistics for Biology and Health)
Additional info for Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research
Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research by Sandra B., EdD, RN, FAAN Lewenson,Eleanor Krohn, EdD, RN, FAAN Herrmann