By Alister E. McGrath
- Includes in-depth research of Dawkins’ landmark treatise The God Delusion (2006), in addition to assurance of his later renowned works The Magic of Reality (2011) and The maximum convey on Earth (2011),and a brand new bankruptcy on Dawkins as a popularizer of science
- Tackles Dawkins’ adverse and debatable perspectives on faith, and look at the non secular implications of his medical principles together with a finished research of the ‘selfish gene’
- Written in an available and interesting sort that may attract a person attracted to higher figuring out the interaction among technology and religion
Read or Download Dawkins' God: From The Selfish Gene to The God Delusion PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
Winner of The Iranian global Prize for the ebook of the 12 months 2007 within the Philosophy and Mysticism class. This new and unique textual content presents a well timed re-evaluation of Islamic notion, providing a stark distinction to the extra ordinary conservative view. the reason of the connection among God and people, as portrayed in Islam, is frequently inspired through the photographs of God and of humans which theologians, philosophers and mystics take into account.
I used to be A Teenage Liberal tells the tale of ways one guy got here to appreciate the risks of Liberalism and grew to a extra mature view of the area we are living in. In a journey de strength research, drawing on classical assets and the Bible, the writer skewers Liberal shibboleths in a ebook that may carry a grin to Conservatives and reason Liberals to howl with rage.
Such a lot reviews of Abraham Joshua Heschel technique him as a theologian, while this e-book friends at the back of the theologian and honors Heschel because the unique thinker that he was once. So it reveals Heschel’s epistemology, his aesthetic, and his social philosophy, all strengthened via the thirty years of friendship and discussion that Maurice Friedman shared with him.
This quantity makes a speciality of faith from a trans-cultural and overseas point of view. Its objective is to open up new views on how religions could coexist peacefully inside of twenty first century societies and concurrently give a contribution to international pacification. Can a faith cope peacefully with the life of alternative religions, with no need to desert its personal declare to fact, and if this is the case, what already inherent, particular features must be emphasised?
- Metaphysics of the Profane: The Political Theology of Walter Benjamin and Gershom Scholem
- À la croisée des trois monothéismes : Une communauté de pensée au Moyen Âge (Bibliothèque Albin Michel Idées) (French Edition)
- Violence, Desire, and the Sacred, Volume 2: René Girard and Sacrifice in Life, Love and Literature
- Religious Naturalism Today: The Rebirth of a Forgotten Alternative
- Dämonenglaube im Islam (Studies in the History and Culture of the Middle East) (German Edition)
- Faith and Freedom: An Interfaith Perspective (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
Additional resources for Dawkins' God: From The Selfish Gene to The God Delusion
Dawkins' God: From The Selfish Gene to The God Delusion by Alister E. McGrath